The club has a full workshop and is located in Cape Canaveral just off A1A close to the ports. The Google Map Pin is now correctly showing the location of the shop. The Workshop has a $6.00 use fee (per person/per session) to help cover the cost of maintenance and part costs.
The club offers several classes at the workshop. The club contact for classes is Roz Mestre, 321-431-0159.
- Fused Glass
- Opal Cutting
- Wire Wrapping
- Chainmaille (Chain Mail)
New or current members that would like to use the shop will have to have a safety walkdown with one of the shop managers before you will be allowed to use the equipment. Below are some tips for the shop.
- Sign in and check in with the shop manager on duty before starting.
- EYE PROTECTION – USE IT AND LOVE IT.
- Check that the machine you want to use is ready for use.
- Know the material you are working with. Use the correct protective equipment and make sure others are not going to be affected.
- If it don’t look right or work right, say something.
- Feel free to ask questions, ask for advice, or ask for help.
- Relax, enjoy, laugh, and have fun (no horse play)